I've released man-pages-4.08. The release tarball is available on kernel.org. The browsable online pages can be found on man7.org. The Git repository for man-pages is available on kernel.org.
This release resulted from patches, bug reports, reviews, and comments from around 40 contributors. The release includes changes to nearly 200 man pages. Among the more significant changes in man-pages-4.08 are the following:
- Eugene Syromyatnikov made substantial updates to the quotactl(2) page, including adding information about project quotas and a number of XFS-specific subcommands.
- I made substantial rewrites, additions, and corrections in the cgroups(7) page.
- I added a new bswap(3) page documenting the bswap_16(), bswap_32(), and bswap_64() library functions.
- A large number of updates to the proc(5) added documentation for several files and for additional fields in already documented files.
- I updated the discussion of capability requirements in many pages to clarify cases where a capability is required in the user namespace where the process resides (rather than in the initial user namespace).