I've released man-pages-3.63. The release tarball is available on kernel.org. The browsable online pages can be found on man7.org. The Git repository for man-pages is available on kernel.org.
Most notable among the changes in the release are many new and modified pages related to locales. Among the changes in man-pages-3.63 are the following:
- I've written new pages that document the APIs used to create, modify, use, duplicate, and free locale objects: newlocale(3), duplocale(3), and uselocale(3).
- I added documentation of various functions that are analogues of traditional locale-dependent functions, but differ in that they allow the caller to explicitly specify a locale. In each case, the documentation was added to the existing page for the traditional functions.
- isalnum_l(3), isalpha_l(3), isblank_l(3), iscntrl_l(3), isdigit_l(3), isgraph_l(3), islower_l(3), isprint_l(3), ispunct_l(3), isspace_l(3), isupper_l(3), isxdigit_l(3), and isascii_l(3) in isalpha(3).
- strerror_l(3) in strerror(3).
- toupper_l(3) and tolower_l(3) in toupper(3).
- towlower_l(3) in towlower(3).
- towupper_l(3) in towupper(3).
- In addition, I also rewrote the descriptions of towupper(3) and towlower(3) to be simpler and (I hope) clearer.
- I've added documentation of the following locale categories in locale(7): LC_ADDRESS, LC_IDENTIFICATION, LC_MEASUREMENT, LC_NAME, LC_PAPER, and LC_TELEPHONE.
- NOTE: There are many more locale-related APIs that remain to be documented (basically following the same pattern as in the above pages), as can be seen in the man-pages list of of missing pages. Assistance would be very welcome!