I've released man-pages-3.38. The release tarball is available on kernel.org. The browsable online pages can be found on man7.org. The Git repository for man-pages is available on kernel.org.
The most notable changes in man-pages-3.38 are as follows:
- A new get_nprocs_conf(3) page by Petr Beňas documents the get_nprocs_conf() and get_nprocs() functions.
- A new mallopt(3) page (by me) documents the mallopt() library function and corresponding environment variables used for controlling the behavior of the malloc(3) suite of functions.
- A new malloc_get_state(3) page (by me) documents the malloc_get_state() and malloc_set_state() functions.
- The mtrace(3) page has been completely rewritten (by me), adding a lot of detail.
- A new scandirat(3) page by Mark Bannister documents the scandirat() function.
- Mark Bannister also added documentation of the qsort_r() function to the qsort(3) page.
- I've added documentation of the aligned_alloc() function (specified in the recently released C11 standard) and the obsolete pvalloc() function to the posix_memalign(3) page.
- The malloc(3) page adds a short discussion of allocation arenas.