- The feature test macro requirements in a large number of pages were updated, either to incorporate changes in recent glibc releases, to fix errors in existing pages, or to add requirements to pages that did not previously document them.
- A new sigevent(7) page documents the sigevent structure that is used by several APIs that provide asynchronous notification. This page was created by extracting out the generic material on sigevent from the timer_create(2) and mq_notify(3) pages. Thanks to Petr Baudis.
- Additional information and an example program were added to the insque(3) page.
- The rand(3) page was expanded, and an example program added.
- The ip(7) manual page adds documentation of the IP_NODEFRAG socket option (new in Linux 2.6.36)
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Posted by Michael Kerrisk at 7:01 PM