- A new migrate_pages(2) manual page, written by Andi Kleen, documenting the migrate_pages() system call (added to Linux back in kernel 2.6.16).
- A major update of the quotactl(2) manual page. This update incorporates material from the version of this page (mostly written by Jan Kara) that was in the quota-tools package, and also adds new material by me. The quotactl(2) manual page that was in quota-tools has been dropped from that package, so that there is now a single canonical quotactl(2) page--the one in man-pages.
- The mkstemp(3) manual page adds descriptions of the mkstemps() and mkostemps() library functions, which were added to glibc in version 2.11.
- The fcntl(2) man page adds descriptions of the F_SETPIPE_SZ and F_GETPIPE_SZ operations, which are new in Linux 2.6.35.
- The madvise(2) manual page adds descriptions of the following operations: MADV_HWPOISON (new in kernel 2.6.32), MADV_MERGEABLE and MADV_UNMERGEABLE (new in Linux 2.6.32), and MADV_SOFT_OFFLINE (new in Linux 2.6.33).
- The prctl(2) manual page adds descriptions of the hardware poison operations (PR_MCE_KILL and PR_MCE_KILL_GET) added in kernel 2.6.32.
- The sched_setscheduler(2) manual page adds a description of the SCHED_RESET_ON_FORK flag, which was new in kernel 2.6.32.
- The umount(2) manual page adds a description of UMOUNT_NOFOLLOW (new in kernel 2.6.34).
- The socket(7) manual page adds descriptions of the read-only socket operations SO_DOMAIN and SO_PROTOCOL, both new in kernel 2.6.32.
Saturday, June 26, 2010
Posted by Michael Kerrisk at 3:59 PM