- A new move_pages(2) page, written by Christoph Lameter, documents the move_pages() system call. This page was formerly part of the numactl package, but has been revised and moved into man-pages (its natural home, since it is a kernel interface).
- A new clock_getcpuclockid(3) page describes the clock_getcpuclockid() library function.
- A new udplite(7) page, written by Gerrit Renker, documents the Linux implementation (since kernel 2.6.20) of the UDP-Lite transport layer protocol.
- The proc(5) man page adds a description of the /proc/PID/numa_maps file.
- Various updates and improvements by Lee Schermerhorn for the mbind(2), get_mempolicy(2), and set_mempolicy(2) pages.
- Following on from last week's big update to the math man pages, there are a few more changes to these pages. Most notably, where error-reporting details have differed (from glibc 2.8) in earlier versions of glibc, the differences have been noted in the man pages. Currently, the details have been extended back until glibc 2.3.2, but I hope to extend them back further, when I can get test results. If you want to help, look here.
- On 24 July, the Governing Board of The Open Group approved the 2008 revisions of POSIX.1. Among other things, POSIX.1-2008 marks some previously specified functions as obsolete, and drops the specifications of some other functions altogether. The manual pages have been updated to reflect all of these changes. (The standard should be published in final form after approval by the IEEE, but in the meantime you can get access to the draft by joining the Austin group.)
- VERSIONS sections have been added to the man pages of many library functions to indicate the glibc version where the function first appeared.