For it's 11th time out, linux.conf.au returns to New Zealand again in 2010. (YAY!!) Congratulations to the successful bidders from Wellington! The conference will run from Monday 18 January to Saturday 23 January. The organizers' website is http://www.penguinsvisiting.org.nz/.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Monday, January 19, 2009
- A new endian(3) page documents functions added in glibc 2.9 that convert between host byte order and little- and big-endian order: htobe16(), htole16(), be16toh(), le16toh(), htobe32(), htole32(), be32toh(), le32toh(), htobe64(), htole64(), be64toh(), and le64toh().
- A new getifaddrs(3) page documents the getifaddrs() and freeifaddrs() library functions.
- 8 new pages describe various character sets: cp1251(7), iso-8859-10(7), iso_8859-13(7), iso_8859-14(7), iso_8859-3(7), iso_8859-5(7), iso_8859-8(7), and koi8-u(7). Thanks to Lefteris Dimitroulakis for contributing these!
- And various smaller changes in many other pages.
Posted by Michael Kerrisk at 6:32 AM
Monday, January 12, 2009
- A new pthread_getcpuclockid(3) page documents pthread_getcpuclockid().
- A new libc(7) page provides an overview of the standard C library implementations on Linux.
- A new rtld-audit(7) page provides an overview of the dynamic linker auditing API (modeled on the Solaris API): the functions la_version(), la_objsearch(), la_activity(), la_objopen(), la_objclose(), la_preinit(), la_symbind(), la_pltenter(), and la_pltexit().
- The ld.so(8) page adds documentation of the LD_AUDIT and LD_POINTER_GUARD environment variables.
Posted by Michael Kerrisk at 11:05 PM